Each and every Limited company need to check that the information Companies House has about the company is correct every year. This is called a confirmation statement (previously called an annual return).
Companies need to check the following information:
- the details of the registered office, directors, secretary and the address where the records are kept
- the statement of capital and shareholder information if the company has shares
- the SIC code (the number that identifies what the company does)
- the register of ‘people with significant control’ (PSC)
It costs £13 to file your confirmation statement online. At Surya & Co, we can help you file the confirmation statement.
We can report changes to the statement of capital, shareholder information and SIC codes at the same time.
We cannot use the confirmation statement to report changes to:
- your company’s officers
- the registered office address
- the address where you keep your records
- people with significant control
The due date to file the confirmation statement is usually a year after either:
- the date your company incorporated
- the date you filed your last annual return or confirmation statement
And we can file the confirmation statement up to 14 days after the due date.